[PD] Py/pyext

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 17:45:29 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I installed the latest pd-extended specifically hoping to finally use
py/pyext. But py/pyext don't work I guess. Anyone know why? I'm on
WinXP RC1. Specifically, I get two seperate issues:
1. pyext simply can't be created
2. py gives me the error "This application has failed to start because
pthreadVC.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix
this problem."

Adding python scripting to PD is the single coolest thing I can think
of to extend my PD abilities.

Do I need to try to compile from the source? That's still a little
scary for me, even though I code for a living it's all web stuff
PHP/Ajax etc., so I'm not really used to it. I have cygwin installed,
and MinGw, but I'm kinda clueless how to use them. I think I have M$
Visual C++ too... I did get something to compile once but it was a
year ago and I forgot how I did it.

~David