[PD] puredata Arduino and Ping

Marko Timlin susi at timlin.de
Sun Jun 3 20:10:25 CEST 2007

I am working with several ultra sound sensors called Ping from Parallax
wired to an Arduino board that is connected to puredata.
currently I am working with 3 sensors and it works fine.

now I want to work with 5 sensors and the following problem occurs:
- I get "phantom" values on sensors that are not modified: if, for example, I change the value of sensor B, sensor C also changes its values, not exactely syncronized but it jumps to a simlar value range. very annoying indeed.
is that a problem of my script for arduino or a problem of pd?
does anybody already have experience with such a configuration?
I am using Pd version 0.39.2-extended-RC1 on windows xp.

attached you find the arduino and pd patch for that idea.

thanks,
marko