[PD] Pd and Edirol UA-25

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 4 02:31:41 CEST 2007

So I went out and got one Edirol UA-25, and I definitely have fewer problems than with the builtin soundcard. On my debian - sid installation it worked straight out of the box for playback (havent' tried capture yet)

There's some remaining issues when using JACK with pd, it sometimes causes a timeout and then JACK gets mangled and does not recover; increasing the frames/buffer so far seems to solves it at an acceptable latency level for me, however. It does not seem to require 3 periods setting though I have not accumulated enough evidence to know if the time-out occurs more or less easily with different settings like that. I beilieve this is completely unrelated to which soundcard is used.

Whereas the other probems I had , continuios clicks no matter what settings, are gone when using the UA-25 (and supposedly the sound quality shoudl be  better though I have not compared objectively).