[PD] Fwd: Re: hid compiling problem.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jun 4 04:53:07 CEST 2007

Yeah, there are some bugs in [hid].  Try [hidio], its a work in
progress, but might work better.  I am not working on [hid] anymore
since [hidio] is a replacement that will be much better.

.hc

On Jun 3, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Diego Azar wrote:

> Hans, hi again; it was only a permission problem, now everything
> works with hid. The [mouse] object still crashes Pd, but I don´t
> think I will need it, [hid] seems to do everything.
>
> thanks for your kind and quick reply. Diego.
>

> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> You need to have the devices in /dev/input/event*, otherwise [hid]
> won't work at all.  Check the archives of this list for more
> information, this question has been answered a number of times.
>
> .hc
>
> On Jun 3, 2007, at 4:33 AM, Diego Azar wrote:
>

>> Hans, thanks again: now I succeded in compiling. After that I
>> copied the sugested files to /extra and loaded the hid succesfully.
>> What now is wrong is that pd crashes when I want to access the
>> mouse or keyboard objects. When using the hid object itself it
>> seems ok,but it can't find a usefull device (it doesen't find
>> anything in /dev/input/event[num]. I remember that I had this same
>> problem with the linuxevent object some time ago).
>>
>> Do I have to load other libraries (like cyclone, pddp,etc) to run
>> hid properly or can I have it alone with a base pd?
>>
>> Thanks again, Diego
>>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think syn_report and syn_config are interchangable, IIRC.
>>
>> You'll get all the files you need if you try the 'rsync' method
>> listed in the "Checking out the code from CVS" section of this page:
>>
>> http://puredata.org/docs/developer/darwin
>>
>> That's the code that is built every night in the auto-build farms.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On May 30, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Diego Azar wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Hans and thanks, but I get the same error. I read the .c file
>>> you sent me and I noticed that the only differences with the one
>>> I had are the size and name of the char * where "syn_report" and
>>> "syn_config" are defined. Am I right?
>>>
>>> Thanks again, Diego.
>>>
>>> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, here's perhaps an easier way: I just attached the two files:
>>>

>>> .hc

>>> (linux,

>>> ----
>>> ----
>>>
>>> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
>>> one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a
>>> better
>>> language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne
>>>

>>> Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative
>>> vehicles.
>>> Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

>> -------
>>
>> Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker
>> ethic
>>

>> Finding fabulous fares is fun.
>> Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find
>> flight and hotel bargains.

> ------
>
> News is what people want to keep hidden and everything else is
> publicity.          - Bill Moyers
>

> Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
> [...]

----

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson