[PD] Latest Pd-extended experiences

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:48:11 CEST 2007

Just to be clear and follow up, some of this was caused because I was
not only missing randomF, but also tripleRand (replacing with
abstractions in my extra directory was easiest solution.) That's
cleared up, and as a whole my monster Vj patch does run. (And the font
issue isn't a big deal, in fact arial never worked "out of the box"
anyway you had to copy the font over somewhere).

The [pix_freeframe] problem, however, seems to be the only real
remaining problem. Note that these worked with my previous pd+Gem
combo. The only thing that has changed is my version of PD. But the
plugins just won't load now. I'm using the identical patch except for
replaced objects. So would I want to replace this Gem with some other
one, wait for a new pd-extended, or what? Adding those plugins
certainly gives Gem a nice extra range of pix manipulation abilities,
though not essential to my work.

*Sorry about the bad subject line, gmail doesn't let you change it in
a reply, it's annoying, but I use it so I can check email from work
and keep track of things when I don't have access to my own
computer...

~David