[PD] loading freeframe-objects with Gem/Pd-extended (was Re: Latest Pd-extended experiences)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 4 16:20:27 CEST 2007

David Powers wrote:
> Just to be clear and follow up, some of this was caused because I was
> not only missing randomF, but also tripleRand (replacing with
> abstractions in my extra directory was easiest solution.) That's
> cleared up, and as a whole my monster Vj patch does run. (And the font

ya, i noticed that most problems have been solved when reading your
other mail after sending my reply....

> issue isn't a big deal, in fact arial never worked "out of the box"
> anyway you had to copy the font over somewhere).

fonts are searched using the pd-paths (as, to my knowledge, is
documented in the help-files...); so you can just add "-path
C:/windoze/fonts" (or whatever) to give you direct access to all
installed truetype-fonts)

> The [pix_freeframe] problem, however, seems to be the only real
> remaining problem. Note that these worked with my previous pd+Gem
> combo. The only thing that has changed is my version of PD. But the
> plugins just won't load now. I'm using the identical patch except for
> replaced objects. So would I want to replace this Gem with some other
> one, wait for a new pd-extended, or what? Adding those plugins
> certainly gives Gem a nice extra range of pix manipulation abilities,
> though not essential to my work.

yes, that's the point of having a freeframe-loader available....

anyhow, could you try replacing the current Gem.dll with an older one
(where you know that it worked) and report back?
make sure you do have backups though...

mfg.asdr
IOhannes