[PD] isn't the GUI supposed to have lower priority than process?

Matteo.sistisette matteo.sistisette at email.it
Tue Jun 5 13:34:55 CEST 2007

> there are other issues as well, which cause drop outs, that might be
> avoidable:
>
> all this issues cannot be 'worked around' within pd, which makes pd
> sometimes not very suitable for presenting/live situations.

That's exactly what I meant in my previous message in the "pd evolution"
thread.
That is definitely something I have already heard before: that pd is not
suitable or reliable for live/presentation.
If a system which is entirely focused on REAL-TIME isn't suitable for
presenting/live situations, then it is practically a prototyping tool as far
as real-time is concerned!

I think that everything that causes dropouts (associated to action that are
reasonably supposed to be done at "any time") should be considered a bug
with high priority, if the words "real time" are not to be stripped off from
the definition of PD.

 Sponsor:
 Monitor LCD 17” 160€ - Cdr Memorex da 0,16€ - Multifunzione Canon 63,94 € -
Stampa foto digitale da 0,06€ – Custodia dvd da 0,11€. Questo e molto altro
ancora su atomicshop.it
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6578&d=20070605