[PD] isn't the GUI supposed to have lower priority than process?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 5 17:00:16 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 07:41 -0700, Phil Stone wrote:

> I'm wondering if the threaded [sndfiler] object could be adapted to help
> with this particular problem.  Apparently, it doesn't work so well for
> soundfiles (please correct me if I'm wrong), because the dsp tree needs
> to be rebuilt anyway, causing dropouts.

correct me as well, if i am wrong, but there shouldn't be a need for
rebuilding the dsp tree when loading a soundfile using [sndfiler], since
it just copies data from disk/soundfile to memory/table. the dsp tree
should stay the same. perhaps the same approach would work for [textile]
and other harddisk accessing objects as well?

roman