[PD] isn't the GUI supposed to have lower priority than process?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Jun 5 17:16:33 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 17:00 +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 07:41 -0700, Phil Stone wrote:
>
> > I'm wondering if the threaded [sndfiler] object could be adapted to
> help
> > with this particular problem.  Apparently, it doesn't work so well
> for
> > soundfiles (please correct me if I'm wrong), because the dsp tree
> needs
> > to be rebuilt anyway, causing dropouts.
>
> correct me as well, if i am wrong, but there shouldn't be a need for
> rebuilding the dsp tree when loading a soundfile using [sndfiler],
> since
> it just copies data from disk/soundfile to memory/table. the dsp tree
> should stay the same.

don't tell this to me, tell this to miller ;)

without these architecture design problem a threaded sndfiler for pd is
as trivial to implement for nova ...

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

All we composers really have to work with is time and sound - and
sometimes I'm not even sure about sound.
  Morton Feldman