[PD] isn't the GUI supposed to have lower priority than process?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Jun 5 18:40:01 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 17:26 +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> > > correct me as well, if i am wrong, but there shouldn't be a need
> for
> > > rebuilding the dsp tree when loading a soundfile using [sndfiler],
> > > since
> > > it just copies data from disk/soundfile to memory/table. the dsp
> tree
> > > should stay the same.
> >
> > don't tell this to me, tell this to miller ;)
>
> sorry, i didn't mean to tell how things should be, i just thought i'm
> telling how things actually are.
> you mean, the dsp tree is resorted after loading a soundfile into a
> table?

unfortunately this is the case ... i proposed a workaround that would
have been compatible with the public api of pd a few years ago ... i
guess, you can find details in the pd-dev archives ...

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

There's no such entity as "most people". These are generalities. All
generalities are meaningless. You've got to pin it down to a specific
person doing a specific thing at a specific time and space.
  William S. Burroughs