[PD] GEM FTGL Sadness

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jun 5 18:34:16 CEST 2007

I'm afraid claiming elitism is a bit like crying "wolf" in this
situation. Perhaps you have a unique problem, meaning that your system
is set up in a way that other people's aren't, and the only solution to
this would be to "compile it". No one else can do it for you in such a
situation, unless they're sitting in front of your system. Some of us do
make housecalls, BTW, and usually for a reasonable price ;-)

The PD community has always had a strong Do It Yourself ethic. And it is
free software, where you are your own helpdesk. Compiling isn't
difficult or elitist. I was an artist with no background in computer
programming whatsoever when I came to PD, and it didn't take that long
to get the hang of it.

configure
make
make install

And if something goes wrong, copy the error into Google, where thousands
of people have probably asked the same question already

Timon Botez wrote:
 > You compiled GEM release from 2004? Thats the only one on the site.
Other things are not accessible. Thats what Ive tried.
 > T.

Did you try the CVS version?

http://gem.iem.at/download.html#CVS

The GEM version in PD Extended is 0.91-cvs, so maybe you'll have some
luck with that.

good luck,
d.

--