[PD] isn't the GUI supposed to have lower priority than process?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 5 18:57:42 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 18:15 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Matteo.sistisette hat gesagt: // Matteo.sistisette wrote:
>
> > That is definitely something I have already heard before: that pd is not
> > suitable or reliable for live/presentation.
> > If a system which is entirely focused on REAL-TIME isn't suitable for
> > presenting/live situations, then it is practically a prototyping tool as far
> > as real-time is concerned!
>
> Just a note: Many people all over the world are using Pd in live
> performances, which proves that it is a suitable tool for this.
> That's it's not bug-free and has room for improvements is a different
> story.

hm... i said it is SOMETIMES not suitable for live situationst and i was
defintely not talking about bugs. of course, i often use pd in live
situations myself, nevertheless there are some severe issues, which are
not just 'room for improvements', but essential for the working with pd.
i consider these issues as severe, because they cannot be solved in pd
space, so you just have to live with them.

roman