[PD] gem+ati

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jun 6 16:20:18 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Cesare Marilungo hat gesagt: // Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> have you tried to compile yourself the version from cvs? I had the same
> problem when I first tried GEM (although with an NVidia card) and I made
> a patch (basically I've just swapped two lines of code) that has been
> included in the cvs version.

Recompiling probably won't help: The crash is a longstanding bug (at
least half a year) that affects all cards with Mesa-DRI drivers:
Intel, some Ati, Matrox etc. It's a really nasty issue, as with newer
Mesa versions, not only Gem still crashes when closing the window, but
rendering is non-functional as well.

Ciao