[PD] switch~ & cputime climbing

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Jun 6 16:52:10 CEST 2007

This could almost be the denormal problem again. Is it an Intel
processor on the MacBook? Intels are notorious for poor handling of
denormal numbers, which occur when the mantissa (decimal places) of a
number representing an audio signal becomes too long (such as happens
with reverb tails, etc). Check the archives for more than just a bit of
discussion on this, with some solutions (?) and certainly some workarounds.

Sounds like I need to look deeper into my own patches as well, to find
this CPU climbing business in my granulators. I find it most weird that
one instance has no issues, but two or more cause problems. It's like
they interfere with each other. I rigorously checked all send/receive
pairs and such, so I don't know what it could be at this point. Except
grossly inconvenient!

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista