[PD] elitism, software and academia (was GEM FTGL Sadness)

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 7 17:30:50 CEST 2007

Hello,
are there any project where we can see almost all externals in action,
at least all externals that doesn't require particular hardware, and
that could be run with a 'one clic' or 'one command' pd installation
like pd-extended for example ?
 I mean by this kind of project, a workstation where we could meet all
the different externals and some comments with navigating through patches.
( net-pd is one kind of this project obviously but I've found it misses
documentation for having a real idea on how it is functionning, maybe I
didn't go deeply enough through the available files...)
 By this way, any new user of pd would be able to use pd tools, without
having any knowledge of the functionning of the patches, and with the
comments on how object are used, the new user would also learn a lot faster.
 I believe that the 'elitist' point of view would be seriously dammaged
by this kind of enterprise.
It was my 0.5 cent question.
Patko.