[PD] elitism, software and academia (was GEM FTGL Sadness)

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:24:58 CEST 2007

Beautifully written.

One addition:

The elitist attitude may also have something to do with the inverse
relationship between spending time programming and spending time
socializing. If all one doing in your days is programming a computer,
i.e. telling it what to do, one needn't to utilize the more mamallian
soft-logic that goes behind social interactions. So one will start to
become a bit dull in those areas, and consequently will start to
offend people out of being in 'logic mode.'

I'm sure Mr. Spock had to deal with this all the time and I sure as
hell know that many people in my undergrad math department did!

~Kyle

-----