[PD] Textfile - playlist

Thomas Mayer thomas at dergrossebruder.org
Sat Jun 9 00:09:02 CEST 2007

Hello,

is there a way to load the contents of a textfile into something similar
to a [float] and a way to put it out line by line.

so loading a file with the contents of

abc
defadf
ohekd

should give [abc( at the first [bang(, [defadf( at the second, [ohekd(
at the third, and nothing on the fourth.

I guess that could be done with the [textfile] object, but that's about
the end of my knowledge. I haven't done anything with [list] objects,
especially I have no idea how to convert a list to symbol and vice versa.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
--
"Prisons are needed only to provide the illusion that courts and police
are effective. They're a kind of job insurance."