[PD] [OT] Voice Synth

patrice colet megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sat Jun 9 05:26:37 CEST 2007

Hello!

Le samedi 09 juin 2007 à 01:22 +0200, Bryan Jurish a écrit :
> -fPIC should be linux-safe; I'm actually surprised it wasn't there
> already... at any rate, it's there now (in cvs): thanks for the report.
>  just for the record, what happened when you tried to compile without
> -fPIC ?

The source files came from http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd/:

$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flite.h... yes
checking for flite_init in -lflite... yes
checking for cmu_lex_init in -lflite_cmulex... yes
checking for usenglish_init in -lflite_usenglish... yes
checking for register_cmu_us_kal in -lflite_cmu_us_kal16... yes
checking whether we are building a debug version... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config/Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  config/Makefile.in seems to ignore the
--datarootdir setting
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir
setting
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged

$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in config
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/pd/src
-I/usr/include/flite   -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall
-MT flite.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/flite.Tpo" -c -o flite.o flite.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/flite.Tpo" ".deps/flite.Po"; else rm -f
".deps/flite.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
gcc -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall     -o flite.pd_linux
-L/usr/lib -export_dynamic -shared flite.o -lflite_cmu_us_kal16
-lflite_usenglish -lflite_cmulex -lflite -lm
/usr/bin/ld: flite.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `a local symbol'
can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
flite.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

> >  The attached file is a modification of the help patch I've made for
> > resolving a buffer issue, I've just added a banged message
> > [;array const  0(
> > before flite computes the voice, for emptying the buffer, it's one
> > method among many others...
>
> what happens on your system if you don't explicitly zero the array
> before re-synthesis?

 If I want to process a long sentence and after, a short one, I still
have the end of the long sentence into the table.
 Thanks for the configure advice,
Patko