[PD] pd and jack, informal survey

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jun 10 16:53:44 CEST 2007

James wrote:
> i'd like to take an informal survey. is it true that you can do no
> serious work with puredata using the jack audio server for linux and mac
> os x?

i don't (using x86/x86_64 platforms running debian gnu/linux)
but i used to (we had a rather big opera-project using pd-0.37 (i
think), where the alsa-support in pd was so bad that we had to use jack;
since alsa is now workable (again) i have no reason to use jack)

and 2 weeks ago i visited orm finnendahl and he successfully and (
believe) seriously uses pd+jack on ubuntu (was it feisty? at least
something very recent)

gfmasd.r#
IOhannes