[PD] sequencer with microedit

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jun 10 19:41:04 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Kuba Szczypek hat gesagt: // Kuba Szczypek wrote:

> I would like to ask Masters of PD: if I need build PD based sequencer
> (with microedit, track names, volume mute pan loop points ....) is
> better to use data arrays or qlist for store events? What is the best
> for do this sequencer?

IMO [qlist] is quite limited, and what do you mean with "data arrays":
the arrays inside a [table] or the arrays as used in data structures?
Data structures are very powerful for sequencing or rather for storing
and passing the data, that you use for sequencing. The actual
sequencing, i.e. scheduling events in time, generally is made with the
time based objects [metro], [delay] and [pipe] (or [qlist] if you can
live with its limitations.)

But maybe you can describe in a bit more detail what your sequencer
should do, as "sequencer" is a word that says all and nothing.

Ciao