[PD] pd and jack, informal survey

Atwood, Robert C r.atwood at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jun 10 23:52:35 CEST 2007

My experience: It seemed to work ok on my old laptop, which was a secondhand ibm thinkpad t30 . However upon the sad demise of that machine and acquisition of a brand new, dualcore, acer 5610 there's nothing but problems.
Most of the problems go away when using the external Edirol UA-25 but there's still a kind of periodic 'click' about every 5-30 seconds, and once it a while it causes a timeout , causing some sort of buffer fragmentation in JACK that does not recover. Is it a PD problem or a JACK problem ?!?! or a Hardware problem... The click I could deal with, but hte unexpected buffer fragmentation thing is a big problem