[PD] sequencer with microedit

Kuba Szczypek qqqq268 at wp.pl
Sun Jun 10 23:56:56 CEST 2007

> IMO [qlist] is quite limited, and what do you mean with "data arrays":
> the arrays inside a [table] or the arrays as used in data structures?
> Data structures are very powerful for sequencing or rather for storing
> and passing the data, that you use for sequencing. The actual
> sequencing, i.e. scheduling events in time, generally is made with the
> time based objects [metro], [delay] and [pipe] (or [qlist] if you can
> live with its limitations.)
>
> But maybe you can describe in a bit more detail what your sequencer
> should do, as "sequencer" is a word that says all and nothing.

OK-fast response give me a kick for work.
After attempt (months ago) without succes I only thinked about it.
Meanwhile I read about order in patch for visually clear.  Now I
comeback to work at sequencer on pd with bigger chance to finish - with
your help.

Thank you for responses - of course I mean arrays in table who pd can
also write and read to  storage. (For "the arrays as used in data
structures" I`m too thinny now)

Firstly I say about my idea. I would like to build all complette mini
setup for compose and play live. Since I have synthesizers I mostly will
try to build:

A. -classic sequencer MIDI with functions: event list, copy tracks,
merge tracks, add bars, delete bars, shift tracks by ticks & transpose &
volume & pan (of course on the fly or based on "process apply"), track
names, mute/solo, loop points, change songs in short time.
Of course it isn`t important to have compability with SMF, but since I
seen seq from Cyclone I know that I must also learn C.  But firstly I
would like to do this "sipler" in pd.
Maybe it is harder i pd than in C, but I not started learn C yet.

For me it is BIG and complicated project. I decided to use arrays in
table for storing all data.
I started second time (after months of pause) today after my first post.
I`m open for any suggestions. I will do this and from time to time will
show what I do - becouse I need your help and evaluation. I really
wouldn`t like to have second time failure.
Of course this sequencer can be usefull for others if we will implement
important for you futures. So I`m ready for this also - since we all
work together.
It is hard to write (with my english) all idea in short email. Please
help me - by asking or suggesting. If you know any sequencer ready for
use with this futures - please report me.

I forgot to write that I have experience with ensoniq sd-1 sequencer,
and Logic+Logic Control. I want to mix this both styles to my new one.
Also important: It must be controlable from MIDI hardware too. I builded
speciall one controller for this software, of course it is possible to
add more buttons, or anything if needed (special thanks for Thorsten
Klose from www.ucapps.de).  When everything will work good - I will try
also need to add audio tracks.

B. mixer audio with scenes, some fx`s (specially dub delay), eq for - I
think not hard to do if I will not espect too much from my CPU

C. sampler based on pd examples (also not too hard)

D. mutlitrack for record all track on the fly

Important!: When I will change songs, my friend will play on guitar - I
would like to record it too - so sequencer must change song fast, but
without doing any glithes or drop on audio.

Like I said: all will be controlable from MIDI by special hardware.

About GUI or harware I will ask you also later, when tracks select,
record, song select, ....
(and many many more functions) will work. So I start from sequencer -
since this is heart.
What you think about my idea?
Thank you for reading this long story.
Jakub Szczypek

Kolejne morderstwo w Midsomer - powieść Caroline Graham
"Bezpieczne miejsce" już w sprzedaży
http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=http%3A%2F%2Fadv.reklama.wp.pl%2Fas%2Fd100.html&sid=1184