[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended)

patrice colet megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 10 17:41:21 CEST 2007

Good afternoon, Eni, :)

Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 12:24 +0200, Enrique Erne a écrit :
> good morning patrice

> i thought you got the patch through netpd's creator.

 I'm sorry, I've mixed two different discussions, this part wasn't
net-pd related.

> please tell me which patch is missing an abstraction and where you got
> it from, sp i can fix it. at least it should be mentioned in the wiki.

 Concerning net-pd, I'd rather have suggestions that certainly won't
be taken into account, because I've ever given a try in net-pd chat,
it's about aesthetic of some patches, for example, one you've developped
called 'jamx'; this sequencer is very usefull, ... but it misses very
handfull things for composing faster, like copy-paste between each page,
colored buttons. Let alone the missing polyphonic stuff, I know how it
could be difficult to make one with pd-vanilla gui, and that you have
ever done a good very job.

> i don't know if creator can update itself, but that sounds like
> micrsoft/apple
> "new software has been installed, your computer is ready to restart"
> :-)
My mind might be corrupted by long years of composing on such environment,
:D

> netclient/netserver sends ascii data which we use for patches
> and control information.

Oh yes, and haven't you developped a patch that dynamically build
patches from pd files, it's very interesting, I think it could be used
for implementing on net-pd environment any pd-vanilla patch with
replacing adc~ dac~ for connecting it to the mixer,
sorry, my head is full of those kinds of crappy ideas...:p

> i personally don't like the idea of an authority deciding which patches
> get accepted for the netpd project.
>
> i prefer the free direct system it now has. if you fix a bug just
> increase
> the version msg and netload it again. every user connected get's the
> fix.
>
> all the user have the same rights. no royalty. no "animalfarm"
> also the server is only the gate to others.. it doesn't do much
> else than sending the incoming msgs to the connected users.

Agreed.

>  see links
> http://www.netpd.org/mx
> http://www.netpd.org/I2mx
> http://www.netpd.org/HowtoBuildFx4Mx

Ok, thanks.
> i don't think that it is a good idea to put these instructions into
> the abstractions.
 not even an html link?

> also you are very welcome to login the netpd chat and ask before you
> spend
> other 2 hours.

I'll be glad to have a jam session soon...

> regards
>
> eni

Best,
Patko.