[PD] pd and jack, informal survey

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Jun 11 02:16:47 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 06:44 -0400, James wrote:
> i'd like to take an informal survey. is it true that you can do no
> serious work with puredata using the jack audio server for linux

i'm using pd on jack all the time, though i am not sure, if i do serious
work. i just can say, that it works best for me, at least better than
alsa. (pentium m, i386, ubuntu dapper, pd-0.40.2, jackd 0.100.0).

>  and mac os x?

many people from the school, where i am studying, have been asking me to
fix their audioproblems with pd (most often a regular short noise and a
few times completely distorted sound) and in all these cases installing
and using jackosx helped. without knowing the internals, i'd say that pd
rather likes to speak with jack than with coreaudio directly.

roman