[PD] pd and jack, informal survey

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 16:06:53 CEST 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 18:25:01 -0400
James <everamzah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies so far, I'm interested in anyone else's experiences
> with JACK and PD.

I run a mixdown setup on one disk, Debian Sarge, with
Jack, Ardour, JackRack, the VU meter thing, and Pd. No audio input
though. The buffer settings are all way high but I can bounce
multiple tracks to and fro between Ardour and Pd with no
errors.

A good test to isolate Jack from other factors is to try the
Pure:Dyne live CD, has a jack setup that works out of the box
without clicks on most machines I tried.

--
Use the source