[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended)

Enrique Erne pd at mild.ch
Mon Jun 11 12:28:35 CEST 2007

grüezi patrice

On Jun 10, 2007, at 5:41 PM, patrice colet wrote:

> Le dimanche 10 juin 2007 à 12:24 +0200, Enrique Erne a écrit :
>
>> please tell me which patch is missing an abstraction and where you got
>> it from, sp i can fix it. at least it should be mentioned in the wiki.
>>
>  Concerning net-pd, I'd rather have suggestions that certainly won't
> be taken into account, because I've ever given a try in net-pd chat,
> it's about aesthetic of some patches, for example, one you've
> developped
> called 'jamx'; this sequencer is very usefull, ... but it misses very
> handfull things for composing faster, like copy-paste between each
> page,
> colored buttons. Let alone the missing polyphonic stuff, I know how it
> could be difficult to make one with pd-vanilla gui, and that you have
> ever done a good very job.

it would be very nice to have copy/paste .... shouldn't be to hard
actually.
also polyphony would be awesome... although i don' think it's a good
idea
to make jamx polyphonic, since all synths using it are monophonic anyway
and the gui would be to overloaded (16*32 toggles ?)
i'm just happy that jamx works as far as i know without bugs ..
it took quite a while, the version  is 0.1.26 :-)

my focus is more on mMm ... that we have a good arranger/sequencer here
but no time right now. :-(

>> i don't know if creator can update itself, but that sounds like
>> micrsoft/apple
>> "new software has been installed, your computer is ready to restart"
>> :-)
> My mind might be corrupted by long years of composing on such
> environment,
> :D
>
>> netclient/netserver sends ascii data which we use for patches
>> and control information.
>
> Oh yes, and haven't you developped a patch that dynamically build
> patches from pd files, it's very interesting, I think it could be used
> for implementing on net-pd environment any pd-vanilla patch with
> replacing adc~ dac~ for connecting it to the mixer,
> sorry, my head is full of those kinds of crappy ideas...:p

yes that was "[PD] slowly load a pd-patches/abs without dropouts"
would be interesting to see if that concept worked with dyn~
it would need a converter i believe
but dyn~ has some limitations i think you can't use s~ or similar..

>> i personally don't like the idea of an authority deciding which
>> patches
>> get accepted for the netpd project.
>>
>> i prefer the free direct system it now has. if you fix a bug just
>> increase
>> the version msg and netload it again. every user connected get's the
>> fix.
>>
>> all the user have the same rights. no royalty. no "animalfarm"
>> also the server is only the gate to others.. it doesn't do much
>> else than sending the incoming msgs to the connected users.
>
> Agreed.
>
>>  see links
>> http://www.netpd.org/mx
>> http://www.netpd.org/I2mx
>> http://www.netpd.org/HowtoBuildFx4Mx
>
> Ok, thanks.
>> i don't think that it is a good idea to put these instructions into
>> the abstractions.
>  not even an html link?

you're right. i'll add the link next time.

>> also you are very welcome to login the netpd chat and ask before you
>> spend
>> other 2 hours.
>
> I'll be glad to have a jam session soon...

maybe today with roman in vienna ?