[PD] sequencer with microedit

Kuba Szczypek qqqq268 at wp.pl
Mon Jun 11 13:59:39 CEST 2007

>Actually I think, data structures would be much better for this in >the
>long run. With tables, you would need to use lots of tables and keep
>track of the names of all these tables and what kind of function the
>various tables have. For example even simple note event has at least
>four properties: note, velocity, start time and duration. You would
>either need four tables to store many of these or make a table where
>you read out numbers in groups of four. But if you later decide to
>also include something like instrument number in a note event, then
>you need another table or you need to change your whole patch to read
>out your event-table in groups of five instead of four!

I understand. Firstly I thinked that I will use one big table for
events. For one event I will reserved for 8 positions (bar, quarter,
tick, type, val1, val2, and 2 others for future), but it is wasting some
memory, since I never know if I will use this additionl 2 positions, or
maybe I will need 3 or more. When I need storring sysex - in my one
event (who get 8 position in table) I can store only one byte - so it is
drastically wasting memory. So I will look at "data structures" - I
really don`t know what it is, but sound is interesting. I will check
possibilities of it fast as possible.

Thank you for conversate with me.

>I believe that data structures aren't that hard to learn and
>definitely nothing to be afraid of if you approach them with some
>patience until it makes "click" in your head. There is a very good
>pdf-introduction to data structures on the puredata.info site, and
>there's the simple tutorial in patch format that I wrote for
>pd~convention 2004 included in the convention documentation. These
>should get you started.

I definitelly need this"click".
I`m under impression of your answer. OK I will do my job - I will check
and try to catch "click". Please give me some time for this. I will tell
you my personal observations.
One more time thank you for give me this new direction and felling that
I`m not alone.
Jakub Szczypek

Spotkaj sie z gwiazdą twarzą w twarz!
Wygraj spotkanie z LINKIN PARK!