[PD] eliminating ctrl+Q etc in installation with keyboard

Yorick Phlypo yorick.p at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:31:57 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I'm working on an installation with a keyboard as an input for words, that
on their turn are sent to a projection. I started with the [gemkeyname]
object to avoid keycombinations like ctrl+Q. (As for the keyboard is
completely in the hands of unknown users.) But in this case there are a lot
of limitations considering the textoutput, like the unpossibility (?) of
getting undercase letters. Since I'm especially interested in the
manipulation of the text within the Gemwindow, which works quite nice up to
now, I'd like to work without these limitations, so working with [keyname]
and [key] seems to be a logical solution. Except for the keycombinations
like ctrl+Q again. At this point I have no idea how to work around this.

Is there anyone who could point me a way to solve this problem? Or in other
words: is there a way to get rid of most of the limitations in [gemkeyname]
and to keep the splendid limitation towards ctrl+Q etc, or better to use
[keyname] and get rid of ctrl+Q etc? Anyone has any experience with this.
That would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Yorick