[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended), Pd-ext bug-tracker (was Re: elitism, software and academia)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jun 13 03:48:59 CEST 2007

I like this idea quite a bit.  One approach would be to separate the
synths and their GUIs into separate objects.  Then people who want to
try different synths using their own controllers would have a nice
library to work with, and people who want to use on-screen interfaces
would too.

.hc

On Jun 9, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> Yes, what I am talking about is not to add 'netpd the whole
> application' to Pd-extended, but merely the modules, which are
> functional and quite useful on their own.
>
> These seem to be the best developed set of GOP objects that would be
> immediately understandable to those coming from the
> Reason/Reaktor/AudioMulch/whatever crowd, and would serve as a nice
> entry point to Pd even when removed from the context of internet
> collaborative performance (which is still a WAY cool concept, Roman!).
>
> In the next week or so, I will start tinkering with some patches to
> see how well they integrate in my local Pd-extended distribution. If
> the go ahead is there from the netpd community, I'll try to write up a
> quick proposal to include these in the Pd-extended distro. Roman, how
> would I go about getting permission to distribute the patches in this
> way?
>
> If this were to happen, would that require that the patches be
> maintained in cvs separate from the netpd application page? I'm pretty
> green at this sort of thing, but it seems like something that would be
> a great benefit, and which I might actually be able to help with. So
> please, feedback anyone?
>
> ~Kyle

>> functional
>>
>> on one hand i would like to see netpd included in pd-extended, but
>> not
>> on cost of the current package. it is important that netpd and all
>> patches work on linux, osx and windows.
>>
>> if people start to write netpd patches with pd-extended and use many
>> externals i'm afraid we are going to have instrument that work on
>> one os and maybe not on the other. netpd would also be a great
>> system to find os-specific bugs :-)
>>
>> > Yes, would be nice - someone would have to integrate them to
>> > pd-extended
>> > (using [import] and etc.) ...
>>
>> are you talking about basic netpd or netpd & all the instruments...
>>
>> basic netpd is written by Roman Haefeli
>> all the instruments have at least 10 different authors.
>>

> --
> -----
> http://perhapsidid.wordpress.com

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler