[PD] Is there an Object in GEM...

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Jun 13 04:02:53 CEST 2007

Mike McGonagle wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if there is an object in GEM that will allow Pixel
> level addressing in a "Pixie" (that is what GEM calls images, right?)?
> I know there is a way to create an entire image from a list of
> numbers, but that only appears to do a complete images, and not
> addressable at the pixel level.
>
> If this is NOT possible, is there some other object/external that will
> allow the display and manipulation of images at the pixel level?

GridFlow can do this.

http://gridflow.ca

Most GridFlow objects operate on whole grids (of which images are a
subset), but there are ways to get regions from grids (using #store) and
ways to put regions back into a certain place in an image (using
#draw_image).

There is also a Gem<->GridFlow bridge (part of GridFlow).

> Thank you,
>
> Mike M

Claude
--