[PD] {netpd}U{Pd-extended}

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:30:53 CEST 2007

Hi Eni~

I also am curious about Roman's opinion, but I'm glad that you're on board!

Installation was surprisingly simple. I just copied the netpd
directory to my normal ~/Pd dir, and edited my .pdrc file for -path
and -helppath stuff. After that, it was a snap to grap the stuff from
you (luckily you checked the netpd chat before work that morning).

I'm completely blown away by the efficiency of the system at handling
all this stuff, especially since it's all written with Pd! I showed my
friend a bit of it tonight, and he was equally excited and impressed
by the sort of anarchic democracy that exists in the netpd performance
world.

As a side question, has anyone ever tried to write all the netpd
events to a [textfile]-based sequencer so that they can easily record
and replay good moments of jam sessions? It seems like it would be
fairly trivial to do this, since all that info is being routed through
the server anyway. This could be the making of a total automation
engine for Pd!

Anyway, I guess we're all waiting for Roman to be done enjoying his
vacation and get back to the screenland to give his thoughts on all of
this.

I'm totally digging the energy flying around this idea.

~Kyle

-----