[PD] alternate values per change?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jun 13 16:19:14 CEST 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Kyle wrote:

> [inlet keypress]
> |
> [sel 0 1]
>          [f 0]X[+1]
>          [mod 2]
>          [outlet to wherever]

This will fail once [f] increments to 16777216 (also known as 256 cubed),
and then it will get stuck, because that's the last contiguous integer
that you can get with the float type that pd uses. So you need to put the
[mod 2] within the loop so that values never get too high.

as I said on the #dataflow chat, you can use [f]X[==] instead.

I also suggested just using [tgl].

> Note: the first outlet of [sel] is ignored.

"ascii-art" is very dependent on font width, and as a result, almost
everybody who uses that, also switches to a monospaced font, in order to
be sure that everybody sees it the same.