[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended) (was Re: elitism, software and academia)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 14 11:36:21 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 11:26 +0200, Enrique Erne wrote:

> > Many patches won't work out of the box almost always because it will
> > miss an external, or an abstraction, here we come again on the fact
> > that
> > the patches misses some comments,

defining a way to specify the externals a certain netpd-patch uses, is
really needed here.

abstractions shouldn't be missed. if so, i'd contact the author of the
patch. my patches usually come as a tar.gz archive with all necessary
abstractions inside.

if a patch is loaded over netpd and it is missing an abstraction on your
machine, then it is definitely a bug of the patch.

many netpd-patches are documented in the wiki and have their own page.
usually it is:

http://www.netpd.org/<patchname>

of course, i cannot guarantee, that there will be a page for every
available netpd-patch (beside my owns).

again, if you miss come specific documentation, contact me (for
netpd-related stuff) or the author (for netpd-patch related stuff).

roman