[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended), Pd-ext bug-tracker (was Re: elitism, software and academia)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jun 14 14:55:20 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 21:42 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> netpd has been changing a lot over the last years, and things that
> change a lot don't work well in Pd-extended.  You get version
> troubles, etc.

maybe i am blind to see the obvious solution, but the main problem i see
in including netpd into pd-extended is a complete different one: at
least the patches and the abstraction folders need to be outside the
package, since a user needs to have a writing access to these while
using netpd.  if netpd would be included into pd-extended, either one
has to create the necessary folders him/herself, or pd-extended would
create them in <whereever> (assumingly /home/user/netpd,
resp. /User/npetd), which is ugly and very unconvenient, if someone
doesn't have any plans to use netpd at all.

>  I'd really like to see a lot of the netpd code made
> into reusable objects and gathered into libs.

yep. i also think this is a good idea.

roman