[PD] (netpd)U(Pd-extended), Pd-ext bug-tracker (was Re: elitism, software and academia)

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 19:24:47 CEST 2007

Great! This seems easy enough. I think that this is the simplest
solution for now anyway. Eventually being able to separately use
modules and even create alternate GUIs for them would be nice too. Of
course, I think that the GUIs in netpd are one of the  most attractive
aspects for new users (and people like me who appreciate thoughtful
design).

So it sounds like Georg is offering to add this stuff to CVS. What are
the major decisions then that need to be made to get this thing
rolling? I've got these:

1) Decide whether or not to take a static sampling of the netpd
community at a certain point, or keep this updated fluidly like netpd
itself.

2) Decide if the files will emulate netpd by mimicking the
_controller.pd patch and server-side communications, or if they will
be rewritten in another way.

3) Find the best way to keep the files checked in to cvs.

4) Actually check it in.

5) Test it out.

6) Fix errors.

I think that using the namespace features of Pd-extended will be very
nice if one would wish to run both the netpd online community, as well
as the independent Pd-extended version.

Any thoughts or additions to this quick list of steps to be done?

~Kyle

--
-----