[PD] probles with 0.39.2-extended-rc2 on windows

martin brinkmann mnb at martin-brinkmann.de
Thu Jun 14 21:23:58 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> -the crashes when closing complex patches seem to happen
>> more often compared to the linux version.
>
> If you can narrow this down, please post a bug report, hopefully with a
> example patch, to the bug tracker:

maybe it is just not true that the 'crash on windowclose' happens
all the time under windows: right after writing my last mail i had a
series of such crashes under linux, and today i can only reproduce
this behaviour under windows whe i change something in a relatively
big patch. load my 'groovebox1'-patch, remove/and re-add a
connection, close the window, and pd crashes. (on a samsung x10
laptop running winxp sp2).

>> - sometimes pd throws a 'SIMD' message on the console.
>> though it looks like this does not do any harm.
>
> I think it's from Gem.

i had this messages also before i discovered the .reg file
for setting the path-defaults. and gem was not loaded.

> PDP has not been ported to Windows,

that explains why it is not there.

> perhaps you would like to do it? =D

maybe later this century. ;)

>> -there is something strange with the cpu-load display. my patch
>> which is the most heavy on the cpu, gets about 49 percent on my
>> linux machine (dualcore athlon 3800+), but on my wintel laptop
>> (singlecore pentium m, 1,6 ghz) it jumps between 7,9,23 percent.
>
> If you have patch that illustrates this, that would be very helpful.
> Please file a bug report if you make such a patch and attach it.
it happens with all patches. on my (faster(?)) linux-box the
(displayed) cpu-load is about 1.5 times higher, and stays
relatively stable at this value, while on the windows-laptop
it constantly changes between lower and higher values, but the average
is clearly lower than the value on linux.
maybe i should build something to max out the cpu to see which computer
is really faster...

bis denn!
	martin