[PD] correcting pd-extended??

Patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 14 14:41:51 CEST 2007

Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> It would be great if you got those working in Pd-extended.  I think
> only one or two actually needs Tcl/Tk 8.5, and it shouldn't be too
> hard to figure out how to include the various tcl extensions that are
> needed, I think it's just a matter of putting the files in the right
> place.
>
> If you track down all the files needed for the ix guis, I can add them
> to the build system.  Basically, you just need to stick the tcl
> extension files into the "auto_path", AFAIK: I think that
> /usr/local/lib/pd/lib would be in the auto_path since there are tcl
> files already there.

Under linux, I just had to install the libraries with using the
installer, and under windows, I had indeed to put the libraries into
lib/tk8.4 and put some lines into pkgIndex.tcl for having all required
packages loaded.
 I've got almost all ix widgets working, only the one (mat.wid) that
couldn't be loaded because the script is truncated by the tcl-tk
interpreter, for reasons I don't have a clue.

Those .wid files are excellent templates for understanding different
manners of using tk for building customs GUI, so indeed, it would be
great if all those files would work.

best,
patko