[PD] net-pd binary server [was: DSP abstractions ...]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 15 21:49:50 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 21:17 +0200, Patco wrote:
> Roman Haefeli a écrit :
> > On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 20:25 +0200, Patco wrote:
> >

> >>  I've modified the title of this topic
> I thought I'v modified the topic title... never mind...
> >>  because I've got a question or a
> >> proposition related with a networking problem that is occuring when big
> >> files are involved.
> >> What about having a static server where we could automatically
> >> upload/download sounds and binary files?
> >>

> > i didn't find a (good) way yet to transmit binary files within pd. do
> > you know of any way?
> >
> > roman
> >
>  The only way I know to reload a binary file is like eni said rebooting

what do you mean by a binary file here? do you mean the pd-executable?

> pd, I believe that this process would decrease external devel'n'debug
> time and allow fast and clean updates.

sorry, i cannot quite follow what you mean. you mean a system, that does
not only share and synchronize patches, but also soundfiles and
externals, so that when i use a certain file in my patch, that file
get's uploaded to you? or are you specifically talking about executables
and externals?

roman