[PD] DSP abstractions [was: netpd ...]

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Sat Jun 16 01:08:32 CEST 2007

On 15/06/2007, at 22.20, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i still don't know, what is the best way to get them into cvs. will
> someone collect all the works and include them? i do actually not have
> writing access to cvs.

If they are to be in _the_ cvs, it might be good to:
- make a project out of it, with a written up goal, ala what you
wrote in the previous email.
- make a folder in _the_ cvs named something shortish, say "inst",
where everyone can add instruments aka dsp abstraction as long as
they are true to the form specified in the "goal". The goal could be
in a simple README. Of cause only folks having write access can add
stuff.

Another form could make another project, if needed be. I see no
reason to restrict that. This would also follow the trent of the
Montreal abstraction-set.

This also brings to mind the fairly reason discussion about
instrument making. It was about defining much the same set of design
forms, but had a focus on modeling typical orchestra instruments. See
fx:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-04/049367.html