[PD] stkdrone~/stksitar~ PD-Extended OSX

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jun 16 19:37:46 CEST 2007

Hallo,

> I think only the help files are included.  They probably weren't
> ported to Mac OS X, so the binaries aren't included.  I can't imagine
> it would be so hard to port them, but then there is the STK library
> issue.  IIRC, it has patent/license problems.

Patents may be an issue, but they are so everywher you use an
oscillator as frequency input to another oscillator. But STK doesn't
have license issues, it's almost public domain. (Also it's used inside
of GPL'd ChucK whose author among others is STK-author Perry Cook.)

Maybe you're confusing STK with Percolate, which kind of has or had
license issues, but Ico managed to sort some of these out somehow, at
least his port of some Percolate objects like munger~ is GPL.

Ciao