[PD] pd extended rc3-Gem on OSX issue

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 17 03:19:40 CEST 2007

On Jun 16, 2007, at 5:22 PM, alan brooker wrote:

> Thanks to Hans and all the developers for putting out the 3rd
> release candidate
>
> Im still having trouble with Gem on osx ppc getting the following
> error:
> libdir: can't load library

This is coming from an old preferences file.  You can delete it since
it's now embedded.  The file is ~/Library/Preferences/
org.puredata.pd.plist

> /Applications/Pd-extended.app /Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/
> Gem.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/
> Resources/Scripts/../extra/Gem.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found:
> _glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT
>   Referenced from: /Applications/Pd- extended.app/Contents/
> Resources/Scripts/../extra/Gem.pd_darwin
>   Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/
> A/OpenGL
>
> Gem: can't load library
>

> Is there anything I should do to correct this??

Please post with as much info about your OS and hardware as possible:

- Mac OS X version
- which mac
- which graphics card.

.hc

> Thanks for your time!

----

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams