[PD] correcting pd-extended??

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 17 03:22:19 CEST 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 8:41 AM, Patco wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>
>> It would be great if you got those working in Pd-extended.  I
>> think only one or two actually needs Tcl/Tk 8.5, and it shouldn't
>> be too hard to figure out how to include the various tcl
>> extensions that are needed, I think it's just a matter of putting
>> the files in the right place.
>>
>> If you track down all the files needed for the ix guis, I can add
>> them to the build system.  Basically, you just need to stick the
>> tcl extension files into the "auto_path", AFAIK: I think that /usr/
>> local/lib/pd/lib would be in the auto_path since there are tcl
>> files already there.
>>
> Under linux, I just had to install the libraries with using the
> installer, and under windows, I had indeed to put the libraries
> into lib/tk8.4 and put some lines into pkgIndex.tcl for having all
> required packages loaded.
> I've got almost all ix widgets working, only the one (mat.wid) that
> couldn't be loaded because the script is truncated by the tcl-tk
> interpreter, for reasons I don't have a clue.
>
> Those .wid files are excellent templates for understanding
> different manners of using tk for building customs GUI, so indeed,
> it would be great if all those files would work.

Submit a patch to pkgIndex.tcl and the files that you need to put in
lib/tk8.4.  Or maybe make a wiki page about it on puredata.org.
Putting a patch in the patch tracker is the best way to insure this
gets included.

.hc

> best,
> patko

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler