[PD] DSP abstractions [was: netpd ...]

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 17 17:40:07 CEST 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 17:33 +0200, Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> > i do not agree, that we (pd-users) should just stick with that. i know,
> > this is a very old story, but if there would be a unified way to load
> > externals, it would be no problem at all to make patches, that make use
> > of externals, work out of the box. to delegate this issue to the user
> > just doesn't have any advantage at all.
>
> that's what should be possible with pd-extended ...

what extended does, cannot be considered as a 'unified' way at all,
since it works differently from pd-vanilla with the common way of
installing externals. it is stupid, but since pd-extended, one has to
decide, wheather he/she wants to make something work for pd-extended or
for pd-vanilla/externals. is that what is called 'unified'?

roman