[PD] [GEM]: GL Shader Language

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 17 20:45:31 CEST 2007

On Jun 17, 2007, at 1:14 PM, cyrille henry wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>> On Jun 17, 2007, at 6:58 AM, cyrille henry wrote:
>>> hello,

>>> i post a few very diferents shader and the pd patch to use them
>>> here :
>>>
>>> http://drpichon.free.fr/gem_glsl_ch_200070617.zip
>> Wow, these are some nice examples, these should be included in the
>> "examples" section of Pd-extended.
>
> well, i think i should clean up some code and check licence for the
> shader i did not write.
> where should i put them in order to include them in pd-extended?

Ok, no rush on getting them into CVS.  I was thinking even that it
might make sense to make abstractions that wrap the Gem glsl shader
knowing the details.

I think this would work well in the "externals" section, maybe as
it's own lib, with the abstractions and the shaders.  And yes,
licenses are important.

Also, look for some serious shader action from vade, who's mostly
using Jitter these days.  Thanks to your examples, I think he'll
start testing the shaders that he's writing with Gem in addition to
Jitter (maybe he'll chime in here on this thread).

.hc