[PD] dumpOSC feature request

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 13:00:22 CEST 2007

Hello PD list,

Further to that response I gave about problems with OSC.

I'd like to make a feature request/bug report: when you try to create a
dumpOSC object using a port which is already in use, PD acts as if the object
cannot be created - it renders the box with a dashed outline and reports the
error "...couldn't create". This is actually very confusing as the user then
assumes that PD can't find the object code and tries to solve the problem by
checking library paths etc.

A better way of handling this error would be if the dumpOSC object, upon
finding that it can't attach to a port, sends an error message to that effect
to the PD console.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Richard