[PD] cross-correlation in pd ?

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 15:42:11 CEST 2007

Hi Tania,

Download the distribution from Paulś website: http://aubio.piem.org/pub/
tar xvzf aubio-0.3.2.tar.gz
There is no makefile because
./configure
should create one, then you type
make && make install.

do a
ls /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/aubio.pd_darwin
if you´ve installed PD from source. If you downloaded a precompiled binary then you need to copy the files manually to the Pd-0.40-2 app folder (it is the same as the application).
cd plugins/puredata/
cp aubio.pd_darwin /path/to/Pd-0.40-2.app/Contents/Resources/extra
cp help/* /path/to/Pd-0.40-2.app/Contents/Resources/doc/5.reference

if you are using a .pdrc file in your home directory, you need to add
-lib aubio
to it. If you are using Hans´ Pd-extended distribution, you will need to alter the org.puredata.pd.plist file to reflect the new lib.

Best,
Ed

tania habib <taniahabib at gmail.com> wrote: Hello Ed,
Thanks for writing down all the details, everything went smoothly with a problem that the aubio package does no have the makefile in it.
It returns with an error in terminal.you can check the attached file
 Can you please send the package aubio, if you have it with you?

ps. I am not using the lpc coding and formant analysis yet but I will keep you posted if there is some progress in that area.

regards,
tania

On 6/17/07, Ed Kelly <morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk>   wrote: Hi Tania,

aubio is quite easy, provided you have libsamplerate, libsndfile and fftw3 installed.  It is pretty essential that you instal pkgconfig as well, since some libraries rely on that to send information as to where they all reside on the hard disk for compilation.
So, aubio in steps:

First, URLs:
pkgconfig: http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/wiki/
libsndfile: www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/
libsamplerate:  www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/
fftw:  http://www.fftw.org/
and aubio-0.3.2.tar.gz
unpack them all in the same directory. Put the attached script in the directory all the other packages are in then...

Then you can use this script to compile them all (see attachment). You will need to be logged in as the administrator, and know the administrator password. You must open Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal

# then type

cd  /path/to/where-you-unpacked-the-files/
sudo chmod 744 instaubio.sh
<password>
./instaubio.sh

have a look at the script using textedit - it uses fairly common unix stuff, and I'm sure you could work it out yourself, or you know it. Maybe I saved you some time! ;-D but aubio needs things in the right order.

PS I know Paul is writing up   his thesis right now, so maybe he's a little quiet!
PPS do you know much about linear predictive coding and formant analysis?

Best,
Ed

tania habib <taniahabib at gmail.com> wrote:  The problem is that two of the objects I have in the patch that Andy sent me
1- tab_mul
2- tab_cross_corr

tare not created, I have the IEMLIB included in pd and the rest is ok.
Please tell me whether they are coming from same library or they are part of some  other one which needs to be included with it

Can you please check them on yours pd?