[PD] annoying pidip question

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 18 22:49:42 CEST 2007

Was using Magick 6.0.8, but went back to 5.5.6`. Then, had problems with pidip not working with ffmpeg cvs 01-12-2004, so went back to pidip-0.12.19 and it compiled.

I never managed to get mpeg4ip compiled with pidip, so which version of this do you use?

Best,
Ed

Yves Degoyon <ydegoyon at free.fr> wrote:           hola,

 i guess it doesn't compile with very newer versions of image magick,
 which version do you have?

 you can eventually remove image magick devel,
 and recompile pidip, it will compile without pdp_capture.

 suerte,
 sevy

 Ed Kelly wrote: has anyone come across this...and how did they solve it?

 pdp_capture.c: In function 'XMyGetWindowImage':
 pdp_capture.c: error: 'Visual' has no member named 'klass' (times 5)

 I'm putting together a howto on compiling pdp/pidip on a planet CCRMA fedora 6. (The ccrma rpm's don't work for me, and anyway I want to specify my own codecs) Details and source code to appear on my webpage (give it a couple of weeks we hope...url will follow when it's up and running)

 ...because only certain ffmpeg/mpeg4ip/libquicktime combinations work, and I have not found a page that tells me what order to do it in (very important) and the use of faad, faac, x264 and other external libs drastically affects the compatibility of pdp etc with codecs (duh...).

 PS I did a quick and dirty 4 week course with my 1st year digital media students on synthesis and PD - it went down well. http://www.digitalmedia.org.uk/fda_dmp (will migrate soon though)

 Best,
 Ed

 Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com