[PD] [dsplib]: how should it be maintained?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 19 15:58:28 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 01:09 +0200, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 23:34 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Hallo,
> > Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
> >
> > > one question still remains: how is it organized? will some mercyful
> > > person voluntarly collect the dsp abs and check it in into cvs? or shall
> > > we give cvs write access to every interested author?
> >
> > I'd rather not give anyone write permissions, as we're already are
> > quite a huge number of developers. I would give permissions to you,
> > however, also for netpd. ;)
> >
> > I'd volunteer to check in the dsp abstractions. May we could collect
> > them on puredata.info first. Then from time to time I or someone else
> > would check in the latest versions into CVS.
>

> yo, i put my stuff on:
>
> http://puredata.info/Members/rdz/

yo, i had a talk with syntax_the_nerd (christopher) and he started to
port his dsp-stuff into a collection as well [1]. as for now, there are
only two abstractions in there (basically he wanted to make an example
how he would do it). however, he added some info to his patches, that
makes a lot of sense in my eyes and might be essential for a good lib of
that kind. he tagged each patch and according helppatch with:

Name (of the patch/abstraction)
(Name of the) Author
Binary deps (pd-version, externals)
Patch deps (abs-collection or single abs)
License (e.g. Gnu GPL)

though it is also my opinion, that in the first place it is important
that things get done and in the second place how they are done, i think
that this bit information is essential and should be easy to do.

what do you think?

roman

[1] http://puredata.info/Members/syntax_the_nerd