[PD] [dsplib]: how should it be maintained?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 19 18:48:26 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 17:11 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > Name (of the patch/abstraction)
> > (Name of the) Author
> > Binary deps (pd-version, externals)
> > Patch deps (abs-collection or single abs)
> > License (e.g. Gnu GPL)
> >
> > though it is also my opinion, that in the first place it is important
> > that things get done and in the second place how they are done, i think
> > that this bit information is essential and should be easy to do.
>
> I think, there is the [pd META] format in pd-extended, which could be
> reused for that. For dependencies, I'd prefer [declare], as that gives
> a bit more functionality and may give more in its evolution. For
> now it would just contain the meta-information.
>
> For a license I actually would prefer the same license for everything in
> that collection: the Pd license. But that's of course a hairy issue.
>
> In general I think, this META information would be good to have and it
> could be added or checked by the one checking in the abstractions to
> the CVS.
>
> Some other things: A tricky issue may be abstractions that use other
> custom abstractions. I think, a subdirectory for these
> sub-abstractions would be good to have, so that the namespace doesn't
> get polluted.
>
> And then: Should we discuss  the namei? "dsp" may be a bit misleading
> or too specific. Some random ideas: "sig", "tilde", "play".

i'd vote for 'tilde', since this has a very open meaning.

i forgot to mention, my and syntax' abstractions use a version tag of
the format:

[version x.x.x( (where x can be any integer number)

this is used in netpd, though i am not sure if it makes sense to have it
as a standard. if you think, that it makes sense to have a version tag
at all, it'd be cool, if we could define it that way to define a
version.

where can i get info about [pd META] ?

roman