[PD] [dsplib]: how should it be maintained?

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Jun 19 19:33:05 CEST 2007

On 19/06/2007, at 18.48, Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i forgot to mention, my and syntax' abstractions use a version tag of
> the format:
>
> [version x.x.x( (where x can be any integer number)
>
> this is used in netpd, though i am not sure if it makes sense to
> have it
> as a standard. if you think, that it makes sense to have a version tag
> at all, it'd be cool, if we could define it that way to define a
> version.

Version numbers i think is crucial. It is simply a dread when folks
share there nice code and one don't have a simple system (version
numbers) to keep track of what is what and what is newer. By all
means, please!

The "x.x.x"-system might be nice. How do you use it? Keep the first
x=0 at all times as no code gets to version 1; bumb the second x when
new features are added; bumb the last x when bugs are corrected? -
Such info one how the version numbers makes sense is nice to add in a
README, i think.